Traffic and Travel Information services have had an explosive growth in recent years, but still considerable progress is to be made, building on top of the 500+ million GPS devices found in all sectors of the economy and society. QROWD makes a relevant contribution to this progress by providing a portfolio of Advanced road information services to benefit both users of the road infrastructures -commuters, tourists and transport professionals- as well as those in charge of planning and managing mobility related infrastructures and services to the citizens.
- Touristic Network services: Analysis of travel time on strategic roads in the context of tourism. Provides travel time and delays to reach several touristic destinations (e.g. ski resorts), so tourists can choose their best option(s). By using live traffic information, POIs, Public Sector data on e.g. ski resorts, Dynamic data from social media and data from route monitoring (std travel time + delays) and crowdsourced data into dynamic schematic maps leading to the Ski resorts and providing relevant Information of the Ski resorts to decide best suited routes.
- Parking services: informing drivers about available parking spots, to minimise burden of finding them while maximise the value of city mobility infrastructures.
- Traffic services > Historical Analysis Reporter: Provides traffic reports to Mobility managers, to better understand specificities of traffic conditions in a concerned place, analyzing commuters, and man-made (public works, massive public events) factors on traffic
- Traffic services > Road Event Reporter: Enables traffic managers to have an overview of the traffic in real time and to be active on it, e.g. report road closures, road works, accidents and other disruptions. Provides real-time updated traffic information based upon road-related incidents reporting (e.g. by city staff)
- Traffic services > TomTom City: Allows city´s traffic/mobility managers/staff to better monitor current traffic conditions and on recent improvements/ alterations. It also compares the situation with similar cities (Traffic management tools; traffic patterns benchmarking). Live traffic news services for citizens and city staff, via different visualisation channels, based upon live traffic data
Smart Cities, Urban mobility, Transport logistics
- Enabling the win-win linkage of global road information services with the ultra segmented local mobility data
- Offering an adapted Smart City package to cities
- Ensure to tourists, commuters and transport professionals a better driving experience by offering Higher precision in traffic information and travel time reduction, and also by sharing information in an extreme simplify manner using schematising methods.
- Allow tourism authorities to suggest e.g. touristic hotspots to visit based on real-time info on road status and based on available services.
- Improve efficiency in usage and ROI of city mobility infrastructures (e.g. parking facilities, bike racks, etc)
- Reduce traffic congestion as citizens are better informed and the city can better control traffic.
- Improve road safety and reduce pollution levels
- Real-time map feature schematisation. Map, live traffic and multi-destination engine are combined in a live display. Schematic road network the same way metro lines are simplified improves user experience.